Dirty Burg 50k CR

Dirty Burg 50k CR
Dirty Burg 50k

Monday, January 14, 2019

Lake Sonoma Training 89 days

It's been a good week since running Yankee Springs. I didn't do much speed work since I raced last week but I did get in some good miles and plenty of vert to strengthen the legs. I have a little less than three weeks until the Groundhog Marathon so I will try and hit a couple good workouts this week. It's still pretty early in the training cycle for Sonoma so I don't need to be in peak shape for the Groundhog Marathon. The weather is still really good for a fast time though and I'd like to test myself a little on the road if the snow holds off.

Jan 7 - 13 Training

Mon: AM- easy 1.7 mi easy to warm up the legs + stretching

Tue: AM- 9.1 mi easy, Trail
        PM- Treadmill at the YMCA, 5 mi 30:45(1.5 ez, 5:39, 5:33, 5:27, .5 ez) + strength. Calfs a little sore so I didn't push it.

Wed: AM- 7.4 mi ez Trail

Thur: AM- 10 mi, pushed a little on the downhill first 6.5 miles then worked the up to finish, Trail
          PM- 6 mi easy, Road + strength

Fri: AM- 9.6 mi easy, Trail

Sat: AM- 20.6 mi easy long run, Trail

Sun: AM- 11.2 mi easy, Road + strength

Total: 80.7 miles, 8,192 feet of vert

If you happen to be interested in any of the specifics of my runs you can search my name at Strava.com for my training logs. Thanks for following along :)

                                                     Getting up early for the Long Runs!


No comments:

Post a Comment