Dirty Burg 50k CR

Dirty Burg 50k CR
Dirty Burg 50k

Monday, January 21, 2013

Nueces Training

I'm back in the swing of training after Yankee Springs 50k. I took the week after Yankee easy (54 miles) so I didn't carry over any fatigue for Nueces training. I'm shooting for about 450 miles over five weeks, six runs per week with Sunday off. I've never ran higher mileage during to winter but I have great footwear, Montrail Mountain Masocist, for snow conditions. As of now I have no aches or pains and am really looking forward to racing in Texas March 2nd. I ran 80 miles last week and didn't feel to taxed. Life constrains my mileage more than the will or ability to run more. This week is mostly single digit temps. but I'm still excited to increase the miles. I'm not going to do much speed work in this cycle but throw in as much hill work as I can handle. 

1-14/1-20

M- 24 miles 7:28/mi pace
T-  6.6 10/mi pace with friends on hilly trail at night
W- 20.2 7:29/mi pace to work
Th-5.2 7:35/mi pace home from work
F-  16 7:14/mi pace
Sat-8 7:14/mi pace
Sun- Rest
Total- 80mi

No comments:

Post a Comment