Dirty Burg 50k CR

Dirty Burg 50k CR
Dirty Burg 50k

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Listen To Your Body

Listen to your body, lesson learned. After my rough falls at the Nueces 50 mile I didn't want to loose my fitness, I felt I was still in great shape. I took five days off from running but when I headed out to get in some easy runs I still felt banged up. I chalked it up to just being sore. I jumped right back into training and put in a 95 mile week one week out. I struggled with several of the runs but wanted to be ready for the Indiana 100 mile. All this did is aggravate my IT band and force me to drop from Indiana 100, booo. I took an easy week of cross training, foam roller, and rest. I am running again this week but easing back into the mileage. I've had some pretty good runs but am keeping them short(4-10 miles) for the next week or so. I've been stretching and introduced strength training into my routine. I believe I got caught up in the mileage game and wasn't focusing on quality and listening to my body. I believe for me if I stay around 80 miles per week and focus on quality workouts I stay injury free and feel faster. Thanks to Fluid I have hydration and recovery mixes that I believe really work. UltrAspire allows me to have great products for my training and racing. I am also teaming up with Team RWB to help support out veteran's. My new focus will be the USATF 100 National Championship July 27th, Burning River 100. I'm going to do several local races in my build up to the 100. I had to learn the hard way to listen to my body but I feel I will be a stronger faster runner because now that I have refocused my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment